Friday, June 1, 2012

A new month = a new sketch challenge

My gosh...where on earth did May go?  I feel like I blinked & it just disappeared...am I the only one, or is everyone else feeling that this year is going by even faster than last year?!

So, being the first of June, means there is a new sketch challenge up at Handmade by Suzanne.
And this month we see another new sketch by the oh.so.very.talented Nadia Cannizzo! :)

Here is Nadia's sketch that she created especially for Handmade by Suzanne....

June 2012 Sketch Competition



And here is my take on it.....



 Using some more of those new techniques I have been working on ..... misting & stamping on the background and well as some runs of mist.





Pic is of the ruins of the old church at Port Arthur....simply known as "The Church"....being a non-demoninational church in the convict settlement.  I had a play around with PicMonkey to edit the photo & just love the effect that it gave, which suits the vintage style of the layout :)




If you feel inspired to participate in this months sketch challenge, simply upload your layouts to the June sketch comp folder in the Handmade by Suzanne gallery by midnight on 30th June, to be in the running for a $30 store voucher that includes free postage!  YAY

I would love to see some of my blog followers enter! :)

Thanks for visiting my little part of blogworld.  xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Products used:

Kaisercraft - December 25th Collection - Hope
Maya Road chipboard key
Fancy Pants - Father & Son alpha stickers
Fiskars Edge punch - Apron lace
EK Success Butterfly punch
Creative Memories Butterfly punch
Fabric covered button
Scraps of Prima, Fancy Pants, Basic Grey & Kraft Cardstock papers
Machine Stitching

7 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Hiya Linda....lovely...great bg & I ADORE those flowers. Have to say, I've been over to the Suzanne site a few times...but I'm not good at that sort of set up for entering...have no idea how to go about it, so I never end up doing it!! Guess I'm used to the inklinkz & blog system:):)

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Gorgeous layout Linda!! I love the music notes, distressing, and stitching. Its perfect for your photo!

Victoria Freze said...

oh my... this is awesome!!! love your stamping, misting, stitching and your wonderful clusters! I wish I have time for entering. and yes, I feel the same not only for May, time flies sooo quickly.
Linda, thank you for visiting my blog and for your comments!♥

Jasmine S said...

Oh just stunning Linda. Your misting is divine and the music strip and stitching are perfect touches.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a STUNNING photo- and I love how you've layered the photos on top of each other for depth- beautiful design, beautiful page. Think I might have to find me some time to play along this month!!
xErin

Charlotte said...

This is beautiful, Linda. I always love your many little details. .. how do you do the runs of mist? I've seen it on many layouts now - and I think it's a very cool technique.
I love how you did the photos on top of each other. Great effect.
Take care and enjoy the weekend.

Chantelle said...

beautiful work Linda - love how you've worked the photo with your vintage and distressed look.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails