Thursday, September 12, 2013

3rd layout using FabScraps as GD for The Scrapbook Store - Scrap Africa sketch # 21


Hi everyone, I'm back to share my 3rd layout as guest designer for The Scrapbook Store - using FabScraps "Wild at heart" range.

I've gone for a real grungy feel for this layout, and have based it on this months sketch over at Scrap Africa, sketch challenge #21....




I have added a bit of template work on the background to help break up the dark brown, plus sprayed a few random squirts of white Dylusions ink spray as well.  Pic is of my DS a few years ago, when he was first hooked on motocross....alls he did was, as the title suggests, Eat - Sleep - Ride
 
 
Here is the sketch...
 
And as you can see, I've stuck fairly well to the sketch, just reducing the size of the angled pieces at the top & bottom...plus I added some layers in under the photos.
 
 
 

Here is my cluster of cogs....The FabScraps chipboard cogs I have left one raw and covered the other with Distress Glitter, which I have then cut in half & used in separate places on the page.  Both pieces are from the Cog border piece, and I have cut the cogs out from the centre, rather than using it as a full piece - I'm never too scared to cut my chipboard pieces!  The Metal cogs are Prima Finnabair Mechanicals.   I've also added in some messy strands of cotton to add a little more interest & texture to the page.
 
 
 

Here you can see some more cotton strands, plus a bit of the template work.
 
 
 

Journalling on the diecut tag that slips in under one of the layers.
 
 
 

Here you can see the template work a bit better.  I've used Crafters Workshop - Stacked Triangles with modelling paste & then I've heat embossed on top, which has given a really unusual texture
(it's a bit hard to see it in the photos though)
 
 
 

And here is an overall close up.
 
Although I have a super busy few weeks ahead before going away, I still have a few more projects planned using this range - so I will be back shortly to share them....then I'm afraid my lil ol blog is going to be quiet for quite a few weeks.
 
Anyways....thanks so much for visiting today :) xx
 
 
 
Products used:
Twine
D'Lish Scraps - Wooden star button
Carolees Creations - Tiny alpha stickers
American Crafts Thickers
Distress Ink
Cotton thread
 
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

Unknown said...

The template bit looks awesome! Great page!

bel said...

what a fantastic page!!
look at all that detail

Lizzy Hill said...

Really unusual sketch...which you have ROCKED...love those tags & of course, the heat embossing works at treat...yep! Got around to the doggy page:):) We're home from hols, just. & I'm getting back to commenting. Weird peep I am, I actually MISSED it!!! not long til you go...got my tape thingy from PP & have been having a BALL with it......well, in the limited time I've been scrapping!!!!!!!!!!

Judith said...

Love the grungy look of this. I love that template and all the cogs you have used.

Lizzyc said...

This looks fabulous! suits the photos so well.. love the grungey feel and the cogs are stunning!! great masking too..

Елена Смоктунова said...

Beautiful!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

Billie-Jean Beveridge said...

Wow you have totally rocked the sketch! I love all that yummy texture and the grungy feel to the page. Fabulous, thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa :)

Margaret Mifsud said...

Fabulous page Linda!! Love the effect of the threads and your background is awesome!! Love it!! ox

Denise van Deventer said...

Super, grungy page Linda! Love the photo's, background work and cottons and cogs! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa and supporting us! ;-)

Patricia said...

Wow...you have really turned our sketch into a real master piece!!! Lovely masculine page you have created! Love the strands of fibres and all the cogs...Thank you for using a Scrap Africa challenge...

Channa said...

Wow, i really love your LO. The texture with the triangles is great. Thank you for joining us at Scrap africa. channa

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous page Linda. Love the texture of your stencilling and those awesome strands of cotton. So glad you're playing along with Scrap Africa again.

Marelize said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch Linda! Beautiful page. xx

Bente Fagerberg said...

This is fabulous. Love this little grungier side of you and all those little cottonstrands.

Eila Sandberg said...

Seeing the date of this blog post I just realised how long it must have been since I last visited you. Dunno where time disappears, it's always Monday and then next it's Sunday. Everyting in between is just gone! Anyhow, came to tell you what a fab cool page this is. As Bente says, really digging your grungier side! Mwah mwah mwah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails