Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Creative Scrappers + more MME mixed with some Lil' Red Rocket....

I have always been a HUGE fan of My Minds Eye products.....but I'm loving them even more lately!
Their latest ranges are just WOW...and I'm also loving the hexagons that they've introduced into some of their papers.....and I'm also loving handcutting my own hexagon shapes.

So, I'm here to share another layout I created last night using Creative Scrappers sketch # 205 using some MME & Lil Red Rocket goodness...... with some added hexagons - which just happens to be this months challenge on the My Minds Eye blog - to use hexagons!!  Yay

Here is the sketch....


And here is my layout....




I've opted to use one larger photo, rather than the 3 smaller squares.





I've hand cut a heap of hexagons from Follow your heart & Miss Caroline ranges & my base paper is from the Miss Caroline "Fiddlesticks" range also.


I've also used some gorgeous Lil' Red Rocket embellishments in my cluster....a gorgeous big owl button (isn't he just the cutest!!!) and the beautiful teal chiffon flower <3

I've also used my new MFT leaf flourish die that Suzanne ordered in for me (available in the Handmade by Suzanne store HERE, but you'll need to be quick!).....If you love flourishes, you JUST HAVE TO GET this die!!! It is fantastic & so versatile I just know that it's going to get a lot of use from me...I love it already! I've cut a few pieces with it & then cut some of them into smaller pieces to give a more balanced feel to my little cluster . There is also a felt rolled rose flower cut using another MFT die, Rolled Rose and also a small Rosette from the Tim Holtz Rosette die. (as you can see, I'm loving all my dies atm too...lol)







Okie Doke...that's all from me, folks, I'm off to tackle a few jobs for the day :)
Thanks so much for dropping by & for all your lovely comments...I really do enjoy reading them & they really do make my day! :) xxx

9 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

I TOTALLY love your take on the Sketch.... I'm also a FAN of the hexagons too ATM!!
The Lil Red Rocket Owl Button is SUPER CUTE!!! What a Beautiful family you have...... A Gorgeous Layout Linda... ♥

Lizzy Hill said...

I was NOT going to comment this time Linda...you must be sick of me...but how could I not? This is just stunning. I LOVE it....hand cut? Crazy girl, but they look fantabulicious!!! I can see why you love MME...this totally blows me away:):):)

Lizzyc said...

HI again.. haha.. (sorry, a private joke with me and Lizzy hill.. I am sure we are clones of each other haha!! it is just funny that I am commenting behind her.. we seem to pop up together so often.. either I am following her, or she is behind me!haha!!) anyway.. I love this layout. it looks so neat, and the colors are beautiful, and the hexagons.. look fabulous.. I think I really must try some on a layout one day.. you make them look positively gorgeous on your layouts!! and thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.. I really appreciate it!!

Lauren T said...

I really like your take on the sketch. The hexagons look great.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow! This looks really stunning! Loving the hexagons!!! :)

sandi said...

Love what you've done with the sketch...looks fab!

Kim said...

This is just stunning Linda!

Leeann Pearce said...

Hi Linda... oh i have missed out on seeing your page... so happy that it was picked up but...that's fabulous work. i got to see little details here and there so i reckon it's a beauty anyway! Thank for popping by too!

Leeann Pearce said...

Hi Linda... oh i have missed out on seeing your page... so happy that it was picked up but...that's fabulous work. i got to see little details here and there so i reckon it's a beauty anyway! Thank for popping by too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails