Sunday, June 23, 2013

Keeping the Best - Sketch #62

Hello there everyone....it's been a while, I know....but yay, I've scrapped (again!!...this not scrapping for a while seems to be coming a bit of a regular event! lol....oh well, such is life)

Anyways....it's a fairly bleak ol' Sunday afternoon here, so that's what got me motivated to scrap.
I thought I'd give sketch #62 at Keeping the Best a go, and here is what I've come up with....


Using a mix of scrap papers....My Minds Eye, October Afternoon....and I think there's some Basic Grey in there too.  Also some 2crafty chipboard...and have you noticed??...not a flower in sight!!
 
The background for my layout was inspired by 2 fabo scrappers
Sanna Lippert - for the stamped/template work (you can see her tutorial HERE on The Crafters Workshop blog)
And Chantelle Huizenga - who does this amazing white texture paste work, on white cardstock backgrounds (you can visit her blog HERE)
 
Thanks for the inspiration ladies!
 
ok, back to the sketch....which is here
 
 
 
And now for some close ups....
 
 
Some 2crafty chipboard circles & smalle pieces of French Lace Border ...along with my title
(which I've now realised is wrong....grrrr.  I had googled what type of ute this was at Deniliquin, and the Deneliquin tourism website said it was an EH.  Without even thinking, that's what I went for on my title....but now that I've photographed it etc, I'm thinking to myself, that is NOT an EH ute....it is more like an FB or an EK.  Oh well, easily enough to change it....but I couldn't be bothered rephotographing it, so you'll just have to pretend it says EK...lol)
 

Another 2crafty circle....with my journaling in the centre
 

Here you can get a better look at the template/stamping work inspired by Sanna...and the white on white texture work inspired by Chantelle
 

A few buttons....including a Flair
 

And again....some more template/texture work
 
Pics are from our road trip returning home from the Great Ocean Road, for an overnight stop at Deneliquin.
OMG was it HOT there....it was about 43 degrees, and silly us are wandering around doing the touristy thing...lol.  This old beaten up ute was covered in thousands of mosaic tiles and the reason for a ute?  Because Deniliquin is home to the annual Ute Muster, of course!
 
Ok, enough rambling from me :)
Thanks for dropping by.... xx
 

21 comments:

Paula said...

Yay! I was beginning to think you had vanished ;) I absolutely love the colour in this layout! The background looks fab, I too loved Sanna's tutorial :)

Kel said...

This is GORGEOUS Linda!

Lizzy Hill said...

Really great...those circles [chippy] & I figured you'd seen Sanna's tuts...aren't they the GREATEST...& so simple to do!!!! Yours look superb - you should let her know, she'd be chuffed:):) And Chantelle's work is awesome....you've done her proud here, too.....Love the bright colours:):)

Chantelle said...

oh love your page Linda - I'm so honored that I've inspired you - thanks for the mention :) Love how you combines the texture paste and papers to create the chevrons - looks amazing!!

sannalippert said...

awwww...thanks for letting me know, Linda ♡ !! looove your layout - gorgeous color combo and as always a stunnig layout! and thanks for making me feel special and using my tutorial ♡ - MWAH!!! your layout is fabulous!!!

Lauren T said...

Wow, this is an amazing page! I love all the colour and that background is stunning. The ute looks fantastic too, such a great mosaic.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Love, love, love this page Linda. That background is awesome, I must check out the tutorials. Great photos too. Fabulous all round. ox

Heather Jacob said...

wow Linda this is spectacular, pure delight x

Di Garling said...

Hi Linda, just popped in to see what you have been up to & as always I love everything, especially love this one. Fantastic. Cheers Di xo

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow this is so amazing!!! I love this layout! Brilliant work!!!! :D

Lynette Jacobs said...

So pretty, and yes, I immediately noticed that you didn't use flowers. I love the stamped and textured chevrons. Off to check out how to do that. Thank you for the inspiration.

MichelleMc said...

This is fabulous!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Keeping the Best!

zenevak said...

Fabulous layout. Love your colours, and the background is awesome! Great photos too!

Chloe said...

AMAZING page, Linda!!! I totally love the chevrons here - what a wonderful idea!!

Наталья Шалыгина said...

great Lo! Very colorfull!!! Thanks for joing Keeping the best!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Nice to see you are back!! I really like this look a lot even if it is maybe different from your regular style.Love the chevrons. :-)

Sarah Lou said...

Love the texture work and the layouts. It's right on the perfect side of busy. Perfection!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous page...love how you have pulled the colours from the photo into your background! So vibrant and cool! Love it!

Ella Swan said...

Wow stunning layout Linda - just love that background work & thank you for the links & tutorials - off to check those out now!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Gaaawsh Linda this is awesome! those chevrons are super killers, love the mix of flower power and white-on-white. Such a fab happy page, me LOVES it biggie time! xoxoxo

Val-Belle said...

I saw that tutorial for stamping through a stencil and loved it. It looks great on your layout. Such a good idea... Going t have to try this too... another stunning layout. Love your style.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails