Friday, June 7, 2013

Scrap around the world....June challenge

I had all intentions of giving last months challenge (their first) at Scrap Around The World a go....but it just didn't happen, unfortunately.  But this month is different....I've done it - yay!

I love the concept behind this challenge blog....a sketch plus a mood board to take your inspiration from - and there are DT members from all over the world to also inspire you, in case you're still a little bit stuck & not sure which direction to go with from the board.

So anyways...this is this months sketch & mood board....





I took my inspiration from the vintage feel and the colours from the photo at the bottom right of the board - plus all the cameras from each image.....and I came up with this



Ive used the green, brown, honey/mustard (from the table top) & little bit of red from the image, bottom right on the board.  There's also a few little stamped camera images,
as inspired by the mood board
And I've stayed fairly true to the sketch. 
 
 
And now for some close ups....

My cluster....with one of the stamped camera images...that I stamped onto canvas, which gives a nice textured finish.
 

And another camera
 


My title, journaling & smaller cluster
(whooops....glue not quite dry under the journaling strips! lol)
 

Rather than the banner sweeping across my page, as in the sketch...I chose to place my banner shapes across the top of the layout, in a straight line.  Here you can see some 2crafty fencing wire panel pieces popping out from behind my photo.
 

And here is another 2crafty chipboard piece coming out from my cluster - Evan's Swirl.
 
You may recognise the photo I've used on my layout, that I took quite a few months ago for one of the prompts for the Fat Mum Slim photo a day challenge...I think it was February.  It is an old derelict house not too far from where I live...and each time I drive past it, I always wonder about it - who lived there, what did they do, where are they now (well, not them, but their descendants) etc etc....but I guess it's just one of those things that will never be known.
 
Okie dokie...that's all from me for now folks....2 layouts in 2 weeks - I'm doing well!! hehe
Enjoy your long weekend, for those in Aus who get it this weekend.
 
Take care....xx



30 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

wow Linda this looks so beautiful, the pic looks perfect ... wonderful and magical interpretation on the mood board ... love it xoxoox
I posted one for this month too xoox

Lizzyc said...

This is beautiful Linda.. a wonderful inspiration from the challenge.. I love the photo, and love the fish tail banners under the photo.. lovely colors too.. well done!!

Nancy Wethington said...

Beautiful layout. I love all the detail you added without taking away from the photo.

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love your interpretation of the banner on top of the sketch. The stamped camera images on canvas look FAB. Thank you for sharing your beautiful page with us at Scrap Around the World!

Lizzy Hill said...

I remember seeing this photo before...& it looks fabulous here...those 'flaggy' bits up the top are really neat & the bg paper looks perfect with it...so glad you're baaaack:):):) Oh, & you're not allowed to win those Lemon Owl papers.....I want 'em:):):)!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra said...

Linda nice to see you entering again, I love the interpretation and the photo is perfect.

Leonie said...

Super stuff Linda. Love that little camera stamp! Thanks for joining in at SATW. :)

zenevak said...

LOVE this! Your choice of papers is perfect. Love your interpretation of the banner along the top as well. The canvas gives some great texture...note to self - must try this too! Fabulous work!

Ella Swan said...

What a totally fantastic layout Linda! Thanks for joining in - as always your page is a favourite of mine - everything is just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh this is stunning. Love the colours, love the bunting, love the journaling....love it all!!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous page, Linda. Love the background, love your interpretation of the banner and Ilove the photo too. Just love it all. Stunning!! ox Marg

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love seeing your photos scrapped. This is another work of art. You inspire me to go outside my comfort zone. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

wow, so many details, so pretty! Thanks a lot for joining SATW challenge this month!

Keren Tamir said...

Oh wow Linda. This is stunning. So glad you were able to join us this month at SATW.

Unknown said...

This page is incredible, Linda!!! Wow -ee look at all of that texture...your details..love every inch!

Elaine coustley said...

Fantasic layout, I love the vintage style. x

Monique Liedtke said...

What a stunning page!! Love the colors of this one and that photo is so beautiful!!

sannalippert said...

oh wow, this is gorgeous! love those Kaisercraft paper myself too!

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous page Linda...so love that background paper and the awesome photo of that old house! Super!

Eila Sandberg said...

Everything you create Linda just brings out the oooh:s and aaaah:s! love love love this stunner of yours! Thanks a bunch for sharing it with us at SATW!!

juscrap said...

This is gorgeous Linda! I love the interpretation. thanks for playing along at SATW.

Fiona said...

Amazing page, love it! The house reminds me of a photo I just got of the place my Dad grew up in, you've inspred me to scrap it :))
Fiona
x

Zanka said...

Love how you embraced the vintage theme! Amazing work! Thanks for sharing with us at SATW:)

alexandra polyzou said...

stunning!!!!amazing work, love your style!!!thank you so much for palying along with us at SATW!!!

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

Gorgeous layout !! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Around The World this month

zenevak said...

Congratulations on being a place winner! SO well deserved! it's a fabulous layout!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Totally fabulous layout! Congrats on your win!!! :D :D :D

Unknown said...

You definitely done it! This layout is geourgeous! So much nice elements. I can't stop looking at it!

Denise van Deventer said...

Congrats on your feature...this layout was just fab! ;-)

Dorota Dołęga said...

Hello Linda, your project is really greay, love the colour palette! I'm here to invite you to take part in the Epic Anniversary Event at Scrap Around The World - there is a special challenge to chose the ultimate winners from all the past winners and featured designers, with over 1000 USD worth prizes!
Have a wonderful day :)
http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.com/2014/05/may-2014-challenge-13-celebratory-mood.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails