Monday, June 9, 2014

Finalist Entry Kaisercraft DT 2014/15


A huge hello everyone & welcome to my blog today :)
 
As some of you know, I recently applied for the 2014/15 Kaisercraft Design Team, and I would like to thank everyone for their encouraging & supportive comments left on my application post.....you are all just the best!

Well I have some amazing news to share..... 
 I am so super-duper excited that I have made it to the short list of the 2nd round!!
woohooo!!  Still pinching myself here :)))
 
So for the 2nd round I received a HEAP of papers from 2 not-yet-released-collections, to create at least 2 layouts with...and whatever was left, we were free to create what ever took our fancy.
 
I find it really hard to not use up all of what I receive for DT work...but it was impossible for me to use all that I received - there was just so much, and all of it was totally gorgeous! But I did have a good go at using what I could in the week that I had to create my entries.
I also enjoyed having the freedom of being able to use a sheet of both sides of the paper & not having to scrimp & save on papers that were fav's.
 
Here is my first layout.... I decided I would create a double page,
seeings I had so much paper to play with :)))

 
"The Beauty of Dunloe Gap" 

Aren't those colours & papers just gorgeous!?  This is another collection that I've added to my ever growing list of favourites from Kaisercraft....they have really outdone themselves with this one!  Although the collection has a vintage feel to it, as you can see, it is quite versatile for
other themed layouts besides vintage.
 
 
 
Here is a closer look at each page individually.....

I have added a bit of textured background work around the photo area of both pages.
 
The photos are from our trip to Ireland late last year, where we walked for miles to reach this amazing place called Dunloe Gap (or Gap of Dunloe) which is on the famous "Ring of Kerry" - it is such a beautiful spot & I really wish we could have had more time to
spend there...oh well, there's always next time :).
 
 

I have mirrored a few small clusters on both pages.
I just LOVE the colour & pattern in the paper that I've used for my base
in both pages...it is just gorgeous!
 
 
 
Here are some close ups from both pages.....

I love how Kaisercraft have such a wide variety of colours in their paper blooms
that always match their paper collections!
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 I've included a die-cut flourish from one of the patterned papers
extending on from the flower clusters.
 


And some strip journaling on the right hand page.
 
 

 I love when a paper collection has little matching alpha stickers :)))
 

 
 
 
 
Next up I created a cover for an art/journal diary.
I've mostly seen these done using lots of mixed media products....but I love how this has turned out 
using only papers & embellishments :)
 
Such a lovely vintage feel to this...the papers are really beautiful <3
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
Next is a little heart shaped trinket box
 

This was one of those paper maché type boxes from one of the cheap stores...amazing how something so cheap can be transformed into a real treasure with a few scraps of paper & gorgeous embellishments - all Kaisercraft.
 
 

Here is a view from the top
 
 

And a close up of the main cluster area
 
 

And a side on view
 
 
 
 
Next up is the 2nd collection of papers I received, which is a Christmas collection....
 
 
" 'Tis the Season"
 
If I was choosing a Christmas collection for myself?  This is exactly the type of collection I would choose....the style, colours & patterns are totally gorgeous & a little bit vintagey
(if there is such a word), which I absolutely love.
 
The photo is of my Mum & 2 of her sisters with Santa Claus back in approx. 1950 :)
 
 

Some clustering with paper blooms & a wooden flourish that I have heat embossed in gold...and a few fun stickers off to the side.
 
 

I have added some diecut leaves & a few buttons to the main cluster.
 
 
 


  
 

A few little banner shapes that I've cut & arranged in a layered cluster poking out from under my other paper layers.
 
 

Here is an overall view of the main area of the page....and as you can see I have distressed & inked all of the edges of the papers to help tie in with the vintage feel to the papers & layout.
 
 
 
 
I have also created a set of 3 Christmas cards with this gorgeous collection,
all very different from each other.
 

A few little squares of paper layered on top of each other with a few strips & a sticker at the bottom....very quick & simple to make :)
 
 
 

This one has a layered diecut flower that I scrunched the papers up before layering them together, with some more diecut leaves....all placed on top of some layered border stickers.
 
 

And this one I've used a cute little banner from the sticker sheet, along with a variety of papers & some diecut flowers with added pearls. 
 
 
So there you have my finalist entry :)
 
I am very pleased with what I have created & would be so thrilled, honoured & excited beyond words, if I was lucky enough to make it onto the Kaisercraft DT...it really would be a dream come true as I love their products & working with them is such a joy :)
 
I have been blessed & privileged to have been able to work with 1 of Kaisercraft's new releases each month since late last year through my DT work with All About Scrapbooks, and I have enjoyed the process immensely, including using collections that I wouldn't normally choose for myself...I do love the challenge of that side of it! I have also fallen in love with so many of the collections that I have been lucky enough to work with....hence my dream of being chosen to be on this fabulous DT!
 
My entries will be posted off to Kaisercraft tomorrow (with today being a public holiday)
to reach them by the end of the week.
So now I have to patiently wait to see the results ......with my fingers, toes & everything else crossed!
 
Wish me luck!
 
Until next time...happy scrapping! xx

20 comments:

Lizzyc said...

These creations are all so beautiful.. really neat and well designed.. I really hope you get on the team you would be a wonderful embassador for them...I will stay tuned!

Lizzy Hill said...

Well, like i said last time around - they'd be totally stupid if they did NOT choose you - you've made their product sing....they're beyond fabulous & you'd be sooo great on the team! Congrats on getting this far.....here's to going all the way [!!!!!!]

Fiona said...

You make their product look amazing Linda! No matter what you get you turn it in to the most stunning creations! All of these projects are superb! Totally rocked it!
Fiona
x

bel said...

Good luck!!!
Your work is Just stunning

Nancy Wethington said...

Love your designs. Good luck!

Val-Belle said...

Linda these are all just gorgeous. They are nuts if they don't just snap you up. I love their papers. Didn't know they did flowers as well. Holding and crossing everything for you. You will do great. <3

Margaret Mifsud said...

I do wish you the best of luck with your application Linda, but I don't think you're going to need it. After seeing these awesome creations, they would be so stupid not to snap you up! Lizzy said it very well ... you make their product sing!!!! These pieces are awesome!! I especially love the the notebook cover and the altered box but your layout and cards are stunning also. You would be amazing on their team!! Will keep everything crossed for you!! oxox

Sue Plumb said...

AMAZING work Linda! You have showcased both collections beautifully, and I firmly believe you WILL make that DT, you are simply a perfect fit! (Not even bothering to cross fingers for you here, I am that confident in your success!) XXX

Sandi Clarkson said...

These are gorgeous. Best of luck to you!

Judith said...

Congratulations on making the finalists and good luck for the future. You have created some stunning pieces and I am sure you will get chosen.

Rachael Funnell said...

All of these look absolutely GORGEOUS... I really do hope you make the team ... I think you would be a GREAT addition! BEST of LUCK!

Sharryn Thomson said...

Wow you have truly outdone yourself with these gorgeous creations Linda!
I love them all. Good luck!!

Leonie said...

Good luck Linda! these are all beautiful projects. You'd make a great ambassador for Kaisercraft products! You're work is always superbly executed. Cheers. :)

Amanda Baldwin said...

Absolutely gorgeous creations - best of luck! :)

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous creations! Good luck to you! The colors and flowers in the top layout are breathtaking!! Just love it!!!

Cathy said...

Congrats on being shortlisted for the Kaisercraft DT Linda. All such gorgeous creations. Best of luck in round 2 :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

All your projects are beautiful...congratulations on making it to the finals...you deserve it.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow these creations are outstanding!!! Congratulations and all the best! xo

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Linda, each of your creations here is just stunning!! Your attention to detail is amazing and your photos are gorgeous!! Wishing you the best for the Kaisercraft call!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Ella Swan said...

I can assure you Linda that with an application like THAT luck is not needed! You are IN for sure unless the folks at KC have eyesight impediments! Such an amazing array of projects & your love for the product shines through, along of course with those amazing scenic photos in your layout. I have one question about that gorgeous ringbound book cover. How do you do the end by the rings? I have often wanted to cover books like this but would have to cut it straight down the side which would ruin the look in my opinion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails