Thursday, July 19, 2012

Creative Scrappers - sketch #217

Hi everyone....just popping in quickly to share a layout I created for sketch #217 at Creative Scrappers.  As soon as I seen this sketch, I couldn't wait to give it a go....and knew that I just had to use some of my 2crafty chippies & a Lil Red Rocket spotty button on my layout.  And I just have to say that I love all of the DT layouts for this sketch....there's so much awesome inspiration!


Here is the sketch....






And here is my layout....




Using some My Minds Eye - Miss Caroline & Follow your heart papers, with some Prima packaging....AND the 2crafty chipboard, as previously mentioned.  I've used some of the 2crafty Iron Fence 12" border & a Vintage Key from one of the multi packs.   I have painted both pieces with a mixture of paint & mist, with some added sand for a great texture. Then I've wiped some gesso here and there with my finger...plus added a bit of black ink as well. I love the effect this has given :)





























A close up of my cluster....that includes the Lil' Red Rocket fabric button <3





A close up of the 2crafty Iron Fence piece.....with the added sand texture, ink etc




























And a better look at the Vintage Key....love how this turned out, such a great added vintage look! :)





























For the background, I've used gesso with a Crafters Workshop 12x12 template -Tile Texture, and randomly misted with TA Glimmermist - Slate.

Photos are of the lighthouse at Hells Gate...which is at the entrance to Macquarie Harbour, near Strahan, on the west coast of Tasmania....that we got to go through on a Gordon River cruise, while were there earlier in the year.


Ok..that's all for now.
Thanks for dropping by & for any comments you may leave....they are really appreciated :)
xxx

16 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love this page Linda, just beautiful, love what you've done with the chipboard pieces too.

Elena Olinevich said...

beautiful take on the sketch, love it.

Victoria Freze said...

gorgeous as always, Linda! I really like your background and stitching!

Lauren T said...

The texture and painting on the chipboard looks fantastic!

Lizzy Hill said...

That is AMAZING texture on the fence etc...no wonder you were happy...& it's such fun to muck around, isn't it? And those photos are magical...got a real vintage look to them....I really like this one:):):)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous and interesting, as always, I love looking at all of your details..you treatment of the chippies looks awesome. This is truly perfection! Have a great day, Linda!

Keren Tamir said...

Gorgeous just fantastic truly!!!

Manu said...

WOWOWOW I love your LO!!!
Big hugs.
Manu

dstandard said...

Oh wow this is just fabulous - what a glorious layout!

Ella Swan said...

Very beautiful layout Linda - your work is just awesoming me out at the moment!

Leonie said...

Very Beautiful Linda. Amazing texture on your chippie.
love the tile texture stencil!

Paula said...

As always...so gorgeous! I simply love your style Linda...your use of colour, clustering, textures & masking are always so beautiful!

Fiona said...

Love love how you've done the chipboard on this and those colours are fabulous, stunning layout.
Fiona
x

Fiona said...

Love love how you've done the chipboard on this and those colours are fabulous, stunning layout.
Fiona
x

Rachael Funnell said...

Again the Chippie looks Brilliant...
Lovin the texture & the Color Combo!!! This layout is just GORGEOUS........ x

Eila Sandberg said...

*gulp* when I think I've seen the prettiest one can see, you always come up with something new to ogle at! this is such an interesting, striking and utterly stunning page Linda! your chippie treatment really is inspirational and these colours are totally fabulous! Beautiful photos too!! This sure is a winner too! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails