Monday, July 2, 2012

New sketch at Handmade by Suzanne...


Yep, a new month = a new sketch...and again, it's another fabulous sketch created by Nadia Cannizzo for Handmade by Suzanne......



July 2012 Sketch Competition


And here is my take on it......I have turned the sketch 90deg anti-clockwise


 
Using some yummy MME - Follow your heart papers, and gorgeous 2crafty chipboard pieces :)
(entire product list listed below)




A close up of my title, corrugated cardboard & muslin



And another close up of my cluster featuring the gorgoeus 2crafty chipboard


And my journaling.

Photo is from our Tassie holiday...finding this big sea sponge on the beach at Greens Beach.

I hope you are inspired to give the July sketch competition a go!
To enter, just upload your layout into the July sketch folder in the Handmade by Suzanne layout gallery by midnight on 31.7.12.  As always, it is a random draw, so anyone can win....and it's a $40 store voucher (including free postage) up for grabs!!!

Hoping to see lots of fabulous entries :)
Thanks for dropping by!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Products used:

My Minds Eye - Follow your heart - Be amazing - Kraft unique
My Minds Eye - Follow your heart - Be amazing - Societe
Prima flowers
Kaisercraft paint - Spearmint
Kaisercraft  lace
Petaloo flowers
My 2 Angels metal butterfly
Carolees Creations tiny alpha stickers
Calico handmade flower
Hessian handmade flower
Creative Memories butterfly punch
EK Success butterfly punch
Corrugated cardboard
Gesso
Muslin
Twine
Buttons





10 comments:

Leonie said...

Hi, This looks fab Linda, gorgeous colours.
You've done a great job giving it a beach feel, Perfect.
That chippie was one of the first ones I used too! :)

Vicky Varvadouka said...

I am convinced that you love these colors! LOL!!! Your use of them is so balanced and beautiful!!! Love your take on Nadia's sketch!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Yep, agree with Vicky re: colours....mind you, you do all colour amazingly well [& I'm not just saying that - it's TRUE]...I like the bit of corrugated cardboard best...really 'mannish' or something!!! Anyways, I like it!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oooh, I LOVE your delicious layers!! The white splats on that background are perfect!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work :),

xErin

Kim said...

that touch of misting in the background is just perfect!

Chloe said...

Stunning page - the colours really work for this theme and I love the background work!!

Fiona said...

Fabulous beachy page, gorgeous textures and background.
Fiona
x

Chantelle said...

fabulous page Linda - so love MME!! You've worked it well. And I'm saying it again ... but I really love how you scrap scenic pictures. Looking forward to working alongside you. xx

Di Garling said...

Great take on the challenge Linda & I love what youv'e done with that yummy 2 Crafty chippie vine. Cheers Di xo

Lynn said...

This is so pretty. I love the soft colors and all your details. Beautiful work my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails