Monday, July 23, 2012

Now don't fall off your chairs....

But guess what I've been doing?
 
Creating some cards!!! 

I've been saying, for I don't know how long, that cards just aren't my thing....and I'd say that because I always kind of struggled with them.  Not sure why.

Now these are no masterpieces....but I'm pretty happy that I at least had a go, and I think they came out ok, and perhaps they will one day put a smile on their recipients faces :)

Using the leftovers from my July DT kit from Handmade by Suzanne - Websters Pages "Palm Beach", here are the 4 cards I made....



I love the flowery flourish from the Turtle Cove paper on this one





And this one was fun cutting out the cute umbrella's from the Flamingo Fun & Palm Beach Girl papers.





The fabric ticket & a piece from the Perfect Accents pack, along with some Prima flowers for the cluster on this one...plus the travel ticket beckoned for the card to be travel themed :)

And lastly.....



I've used a piece of 2crafty chipboard - Flowers Whispy.....and a MFT Upsy Daisy die cut flower using Sunset paper, plus a cute Lil' Red Rocket fabric birdie button ....with some Oriental Poppy GM sprayed on the background.

So there you have it....my attempt at some card making :)


And while I've still got your attention, I thought I'd drop a little reminder about this months sketch at HBS.....

July 2012 Sketch Competition


There's still just over a week to get your layouts uploaded to the July sketch folder in the HBS Gallery. 

Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Thanks so much for dropping by :)  xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Products used:
Websters Pages - Palm Beach - Perfect Accents


10 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI.. these cards are really lovely, I hope you do more of them!!

Lizzy Hill said...

ALMOST fell off!!! Heehee:):) these are FAB....I don't know why you think you can't do cards...these prove you very wrong...& aren't they fun to do??? Well, I think they are, anyway....my fave is the travel one...love that mft die flower, too:):):)

Unknown said...

I think you've done a GREAT job with your cards. I was the same way as you a few months back- wasn't really interested in cards. But I forced myself to do it (knowing that if I wanted to make some of these design teams that I'd probably need to do them anyway!) and now I really enjoy doing them. They're kind-of like a mini layout...with no photo.
Keep at it, you're doing quite well!

xErin

Marelize said...

You've done a great job Linda! Your cards look fantastic. Love them. xx

Victoria Freze said...

Linda, your cards are beautiful! love the last one most of all for this color combo! but the first one is so gorgeous too! hope to see new cards soon!:)

Keren Tamir said...

Love those cards you did a fantastic job!,

Chantelle said...

I think you were only just saying you didn't make cards?? These are all fabulous Linda - love the simple style and a perfect way to use up leftovers from the kit!! TFS :)

Ella Swan said...

Well Linda I think these cards are rocking! The perfect combination of shabby clustered and white space - great job IMO!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Silly girl, OF COURSE you can make cards! These are absolutely beautiful! Which also reminds me that I haven't created any for a really loooong time. Keep 'em coming sweetie! xoxo

Di Garling said...

Love love love them Linda. Who said you are not a card maker?? Looks good to me. Cheers Di xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails