Thursday, July 5, 2012

Guest Designer at Scrap Africa

Good evening lovelies!  Just quickly popping in to share my most recent layout.

Back in May I had entered a layout for Sketch # 5 at Scrap Africa, where I was one of the winners & invited to be guest designer for sketch # 7, along with the amazingly talented Erin Blegen
I loved the sketch as soon as I seen it...and I'm sure you will too!



I just love the leafy print at the opposite sides of the sketch....and thought my Crafters Workshop cherry blossom template would be perfect for this......





I've used some really old Basic Grey paper from the Sublime collection for my background, with some soft misting using CW chickenwire template, some light random stamping & then inked with the cherry blossom template....and I just love the effect this gives!















I also have a gorgeous Lil' Red Rocket kooky owl button tucked there in my cluster....I thought the colours went so well & I love using these cute little buttons!! <3





Photo is from our Broken Hill trip last year of this dry old creek bed at Stephen's Creek...such a beautiful spot! 









If you'd like to see what Erin & the Scrap Africa DT have also created, then pop on over to the Scrap Africa blog & see their gorgeous creations.....you never know, you might just be inspired to play along with the sketch too! :)

Thanks for dropping by....the weekend is fast approaching here, so I hope everyone has a good one!  xx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, saw this at the Scrap Africa blog and just had to come over and let you know I think it's AMAZING!!! Love everything about it..so much texture, just awesome!! The background stamping is fabulous, and I love the corrugated piece behind your photo..I could go on and on :) Take care!

Di Garling said...

Love this background Linda actually love the entire layout. Congrats on being Guest DT too. Cheers Di xo

Rachael Funnell said...

Congrats on the GDT spot...
This layout is AMAAAAAZING! Love your background, the Stitching looks ACE
& the Cluster is FAB!! Enjoy your weekend.... x

Lizzy Hill said...

I saw this over there, too....a real 'Aussie' photo, which is great! And quintessentially 'you'....LOVE that pop of lace underneath....clever:):):)

Victoria Freze said...

Linda, I just love it! awesome LO and great details, that owl is so sweet! I totally adore your style!

Marelize said...

Perfect in every way! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails