Sunday, July 8, 2012

Websters - Palm Beach, 2crafty & some Lil' Red Rocket for OUAS....

Hello again everyone...and a big welcome to my new followers .....  It's great to have you here :)

I'm back to share another layout using my July DT kit from Handmade by Suzanne - Websters Pages - Palm Beach range....and I've also used some 2crafty chipboard &  some Lil' Red Rocket embellishments.

Suzanne was kind enough to let me use my 2crafty goodies that I received in my DT kit, along with my Handmade by Suzanne DT kit....so a huge thank you to Suzanne! :)  xx

And even though my DT term with 2crafty doesn't start until 1st August....Vanessa wants us to jump right in & start using our goodies.  So who am I to argue with that?!?  LOL

So I decided to team all of these products with this months sketch challenge at Once Upon a Sketch...and the theme is "Friend"

Here is the sketch...created by Nadia Cannizzo......




And here is my take on it....




For this layout I've used the pink coloured papers from the Palm Beach range.....and I've pretty much gesso'd it all over (it wasn't originally intentional, it was to cover up the major goof that I made & what looked totally awful ....but now I LOVE it!!  Go figure! LOL).

For the centre paper's background, I used a CW template & some texture paste -which didn't end so well...lol...and hence the gesso treatment over the entire piece - but you can still see the template work & I love the look of these papers like this with the gesso all over them...it really gives it a real whitewashed look <3.  The pink papers in this range truly are g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s!  Even when they're not gesso'd!!

As mentioned before, I've also used a few pieces of 2crafty chipboard on my layout....



Including this gorgeous corner flourish - Elegant corner set, which comes in a set of 2.
For some added texture, I've added some sand (yes, real sand) to some gesso & painted it on...then I've lightly inked the edges & added some light pink pearls :)



A close up of my cluster...which includes lots of yummy Prima flowers, a pink  resin flower from the Perfect Accents pack, a few pieces of the pink starburst trim....and a Lil' Red Rocket fabric button that also got the gesso treatment.




My title...and yep, he is! 



Here you can just see the chandelier, at the left side of the photo, that I fussy cut from the Palm Beach - Sunset paper. You can also see one of the fabric tickets sticking out from under the photo, on top of the chandelier, which I've lined the back of with some pp & it has my journaling on it.

















And some more 2crafty chipboard....from the Flourish 2 set - which comes in a pack of 10!!




Which has also received the same sand texture treatment :)

Well, I'd best get a move on....always a million things to do on a Sunday night!
Thanks for dropping by....if you're interested in products used for this layout, they are listed below :)

Have a great week everyone.  xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Products used:
Lil' Red Rocket - Paper doilies
Basic Grey alpha stickers
D'Lish Scraps pearls
Vintage Brass Key
Gesso
Ink
Machine stitching

24 comments:

Elena Olinevich said...

Linda, a stunning LO. so many techniques and details. I love your idea to add sand for the texture, I should try it too.
gorgeous work with the chippies.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous page Linda.. love the softness you have created with all your beautiful details and textures!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :)

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL, Linda...love the distressing, soft colors, and bits of stitching...just so pretty!!

xErin

Di Garling said...

STUNNING layout Linda, sooo many gorgeous details too. Love what you did with the sand on the chippies for texture. Looks great. Cheers Di xo

Marelize said...

OMG! I totally LOVE this Linda! What a stunner! Every little detail is just amazing. xx

Tina said...

A delicate piece of artwork! so subtle, yet hits you right in the face. Simply gorgeous!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my! What a beautiful layout! Love all the details perfectly placed about along with the sweet photo! Your love for your BFF really shows :) Thanks for joining along with OUAS :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful photo and layout. You did a terrific job with the sketch. Love the soft colors and all the layering and pearls. Just gorgeous!

Victoria Freze said...

Linda, such a beautiful picture and adorable layout! love textures, layers and soft colors in this one!

thanks for your wishes♥ I'm already fine:)

Svetlana Austin said...

Linda it is totally stunning! I love all the layering and texture you added here! and it is so soft and romantic! gorgeous photo of you two!
thank you for joining us at OUAS!

Chantelle said...

This is truly beautiful - so many gorgeous details - love the soft, subtle colours you've worked with, the many layers - it's all awesome!! Great pic too :):)

Romy said...

Your layout is so soft, gorgeous and romantic! I love all the layers that you incorporated and the different textures that you used. Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS!

Leonie said...

So amazing Linda.
Love your attention to detail!

Marília Lopes said...

Beautiful photo and layout!!
So romantic page!!Love!!

Fern said...

Linda, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!! Love all of the textures you've used!!! Love it!!! Hugs!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

A beautiful layout, Linda!!! :D

Unknown said...

Linda, this is stunning, as always!! I love how you altered the chippies, and your "mistake" of a background sure did turn out fabulous!! So glad you joined us at OUAS!!

Georgia Heald said...

Wow Linda, this really is something else, love it! You seem to be on a roll lately! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS =)

Lizzyc said...

Hi.. I just had to come by and say that I really love your layout, it is so beautiful and all the details add to the loveliness of the photo...

Renata Moni said...

beautiful layout!

Saby said...

on ressent la tendresse et l'amitié dans votre travail !!! bravo !!!

Great layout with friendship and tenderness !! congratulations

Eila Sandberg said...

OMG Linda! this is simply STUNNING! how clever to mix in the sand in the gesso, looks really wonderful! As always, your layers are delicious and your eye for design impeccable. Have to give you love from two places ;)) Thanks so very much for playing along with us at OUAS. A truly gorgeous take on the CSI challenge too! xoxo

Vicky Alberto said...

amazing details - very beautiful take on the sketch!

Anna Zaprzelska said...

Oooh so delicate and romantic... I just love it!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails