Sunday, July 1, 2012

My last Sketchabilities reveal....

Being the 30th of the month, means that there's a new sketch at Sketchabilities..... sketch #74....and yep, as my title says, this will be my last layout as part of the Sketchabilities DT :(.  It will also be the last sketch challenge for a few months at Sketchabilities, as Karan is taking a well earned break over the summer months in Canada.  She will be having a DT call in August, so keep an eye out for that because it truly is an awesome DT to be a part of!

I have been on the DT for 2 terms (6 months), which is the maximum a DT member can serve.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working with this fabulous team & with such an awesome sketch designer.....I've enjoyed & loved every single sketch that Karan has created for us & I'm now the lucky owner of 12 fab layouts that I love.  So, before I get on with sharing the sketch & my layout, I'd like to sincerely thank Karan for having me on the DT and for all her fabulous sketches :)  xx





 
And now for my layout....

But first, I want to give acknowledgement & credit to the techniques & mediums I've used in my layout, to an online class that I did at Miss Arts Papercrafting School, by Julie Winks - who was lovely enough to allow me to use these techniques & mediums for my Sketchabilites DT layout....so a big THANKS goes out to Julie xoxo

Okayyyy...on with my layout :)

 
I just LOVE the colours in this ....which are very similar to Julie's layout from her class.  Julie not only taught how to apply these different techniques & how to use the different mediums...but she also showed how to look at your PP in a different way which will then give you different ideas & ways of scrapping with it. 

My photo is from Tasmania...on the far west coast - in a place known as "The edge of the world" - as there is literally nothing between here & southern part of South America. 

I've used BG paper on kraft cardstock & the newspaper advert paper is from Echo Park - Times & Seasons.  I've used a few different coloured hessians...including one that I misted to get the right colour to match in with the others......with a few Kaisercraft paper & resin flowers & a  g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s  Lil' Red Rocket chiffon flower <3,  some punched butterflies, Maya Road chipboard keys, a cut up doily from an op shop & a few buttons...along with some mists & stamping on my background.

I have journaled around the inside of my stitched border, and it reads....

"Gardiner Point - Arthur River - West Coast - Tasmania....The sea west of Tasmania is the longest uninterupted expanse of ocean on the globe, there is nothing but ocean and currents between here and Argentina"

And that folks, is why it's known as "The edge of the world"

Ok, now that the geography lesson is over...LOL!
Why not head on over to the Sketchabilities blog & see the amazing creations from the rest of the DT.

I'm sure this won't be the last you'll see me over on the Sketchabilites blog, because I'm hoping to still play along with Karan's fabulous sketches as often as I can, but as a participant rather than a DT member :)


Thanks for dropping by & for all your lovely comments...I really do appreciate them!  xxx

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Linda!! So much texture and the layering is awesome!! I love the pops of turquoise, and well, just everything about this is great!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

I haven't been in her challenges - but won a book of her sketches & it's a 'go to' place, allll the time! This is FAB...love the colours, love the layering around the piccy & LOVE the idea of journaling around the edge!!!! Washi tape tree going up soon:):):)

Lauren said...

OMG Linda, that layout is AMAZING!! I love Julie's style and I love the way that you have added your own touches to it. Gorgeous!

Marelize said...

Wow! What a fantastic page Linda! I just love all the different colours of hessian and all the little bits of detail. xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous- your layering is just perfect!!

Victoria Freze said...

wow, Linda, another gorgeous page! I LOVE that layering, colors and picture! and I'm glad that thanks to Skethcabilities I know you :) your style amaze me!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Just stunning!!! I love your interpetation!!! really COOOOLLL!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
Hugss!!
p.s. you should try to make your photos a bit brighter!!!

Cappucine1978 said...

Wonderful layout Linda ! It was a great pleasure to share the Sketchabilities adventure with you.

Karan Gerber said...

i loved this project since it hit my in box, you are a talented designer Linda, and im glad i encouraged to apply for the team 6 months ago! best of luck to youw ith your design work, i know i will be seeing you online :)

Karan
Sketchabilities.

Sanna said...

This is just an awesome, gorgeous page! I so love your style!!! it has been such fun being on the sketchabilities team with you. Going to miss that, but will for sure join in for a challenge or a two like you :). Take care and hear you,
Hugs, Sanna

Lynn said...

Amazing, beautiful, stunning!! What can I say. This layout is just fabulous. I just keep staring at all the layers. It was an honor to design with you at Sketchabilities.

Fern said...

Linda, your take on the sketch is amazing!!!! Love the beautiful colors and vintage feel!!! It's been a great pleasure being on the DT with you over at Sketchabilities!!! Hugs!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails