Friday, January 11, 2013

Keeping the Best - Sketch #51

 

Wooohoooo...finally I have some scrapping I can share :) :) :)
I have been scrapping up a storm this week, but this is the first one I can share.  Now that I have all of next months DT commitments out of the way, I can finally do a challenge or 2.

Just one for today though....for sketch #51 at Keeping the Best

Here is what I've come up with.....



 
Using some fabulous 7Gypsies "Postale" papers that I bought forever ago from Paper Stories in a kit...some 2crafty chipboard pieces & a few other bits n' bobs.

  
This is the fabulous sketch
 
 
 
 
And now for some close ups :)
 
 
 
I love this piece of 2crafty chipboard...I think I could use a piece on just about every outdoorsy type of layout I create.  It's the Summer Leaf Stems...and comes in a pack of 3 different sizes.
Oooops...just noticed that the glue under the red button isn't dry yet...I think I must have been super keen to get my layout up!
 
 
 
The 2crafty piece under the photo is actually a scrap piece that I cut from Ornate Fence for a layout a few months ago....as you can see, I never throw anything out! :)
 
 
 
Tucked in under the photo is a piece of the Bracket Frames...that I've cut in half & used the other piece on the opposite side of the photo (as you can see in the photo below)
 
 
And finally...my journaling :)
I LOVE it when a sketch allows for lots of journaling!
 
Well that's all for now folks
Thanks so much for dropping by...xx
 
 

14 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

SOOO glad you scrapped the anchor... the colours in it just called to be put onto a LO, I reckon - great job...just made some of those dress pattern flowers yesterday!!!! Love the red pops:):):)

Victoria Freze said...

Linda, I really love watching your pictures on FB first and then reading the journaling on your pages:) gorgeous layout! love that little piece of fence you used here:)

Elena Olinevich said...

Linda, I am so glad that you are playing with us at Keeping the best. Moreover I like to watch your trip photos, so many interesting info. First I thought it was a fish, then a bear, and now I see it is an anchor.
Love your work on the background and of course with 2Crafty.

Marelize said...

Everything about this layout is just perfect Linda! Brilliant photo and amazing colour combo! LOVE!!! xx

Chloe said...

What a wonderful page, Linda. Love that you keep everything!! I do too :D ... you just never know when it will come in handy ;-). Love the background misting/masking - you do it to perfection :-)
xx

Charlotte said...

This is so beautiful. I love the colors you have used and all your little details. The colors in the photo are so beautiful! You did an amazing job with the sketch.
Just love your scrappy style!!
Have a great weekend.

Jasmine S said...

Awesome sketch and just love what you have done with it. You are so organised, scrapping that photo already. Fab fab.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous work. I love how you brought the rust of the anchor through to your background paper with the masking.

Paula said...

Absolutely fabulous, fabulous layout! I so love the texture you create with your chipboard & background! The colours are perfect with that photo...which is brilliant! Always such a treat to see your creations :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!!!!
Mel x

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

Great take on the sketch. Lovley colours and great details. Looks fab =)

Eila Sandberg said...

You always have THE best photos Linda! just look at how you picked up the orange in the driftwood in that single cherry blossom and the mutted rusty feel to your page! Another BRILLIANT page my word! xoxox

Scraps of Elegance said...

I saw this featured on the site and had to drop by and tell it's fabulous. Great work. Congratulations.

Ella Swan said...

Love this manly layout with the fabulous textures and muted tones!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails