Sunday, January 27, 2013

Keeping the Best - sketch #52

Hey there lovelies...how is everyone enjoying their long weekend??
I am loving it ....in fact, I think it should be law that there's a long weekend EVERY weekend...lol
Wishful thinking there though, eh!

I'm back to share another layout I created last night for Sketch #52 which was created by Svetlana Austin at Keeping the Best

Using some of the gorgeous Kaisercraft Pickled Pear collection, Manor House Creations flowers, and of course, some 2crafty chipboard......


 
And this is the sketch....
 
 
 
 
 
And now for some close ups....
 

Here you can see where I've used a leftover piece of 2crafty Fencing Wire Panel
And that little camera?  That is a stamp that I scored at a Typo shop while down in melbourne...and, I had a little experiment with heat embossing it...came up pretty good!!  Thanks go to Lizzy Hill for all her helpful tips & advice she gave me!! :) :) :)
 
 

 This close up is showing one of the gorgeous 2crafty Bird baths...complete with cute little bird :)
 
 

My title <3
 
 
 
And this is another 2crafty chipboard piece....Graceful Butterfly , that I also had fun embossing!
 
 
 
I'm not sure if you can see them too well here...but there are a couple of skeleton leaves at the bottom of the large Manor House Creations flower....they were a creamy/natural kind of colour, but I misted them in a grey/black mist to help them stand out  & to fit in with the colours of my layout better.
 
 
I really enjoyed working with this gorgeous sketch.
 
Thanks so much for dropping by to see my work :)
Have a great day everyone...xx

13 comments:

Charlotte said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the colors and the photo. This page is just perfect! Love your style! :)

Amy Voorthuis said...

Are those flowers MHC .......this lo is just stunning great colors I totally adore it xxx Amy

Di Garling said...

Beautiful Linda. Cheers Di xo

Sandra said...

A beautiful page Linda, these colours look amazing, soft yet striking.

Lizzy Hill said...

He's a good looking lad - takes after his mum!!!!!! LOVE those sheer leaves & the little mushy & your embossing like a pro!!!! Didn't expect anything else:):) Love those blooms, too & that wide banner across the bottom...gorgeous, as always!!!!! We're mutual blog loverers atm....just thanked you...used MORE of the giveaway I won from you!!!!!!!!!!

zenevak said...

Beautiful page! I love how you have used this range of papers, and your misting effect with the hexagons! All perfect with your photo.

Victoria Freze said...

my favorite color combo! love this page and photo on it, gorgeous design and awesome clusters! and I'm really happy to see your name in different TOP announcements, Linda! :)

Keren Tamir said...

Gorgeous LO. Love that photo too. That field is gorgeous.

Eila Sandberg said...

Love this photo of you and your son, striking backdrop with the yellow in the background. Beautifully combined with the colours of the KC papers, just incredibly pretty! subtle misting, delicate clusters, elegant paperwork = a true Linda creation!! xoxox

Marelize said...

Stunning as always Linda! I love looking at every little part of your layout. The details are amazing! xx

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your layout is beyond gorgeous. Your attention to detail is amazing.

Ella Swan said...

Stunning layout Linda! Love all the elements here - makes for perfection! A great photo, heart-felt journaling & amazing colours! Top notch work!!

Irina said...

Fabulous layout, Linda! So happy that you could join us at Keeping the Best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails